March 14, 2010

Happy Pi Day!

 today is 3/14, we celebrated Pi Day by making.... PASTA!!
oops. We totally forgot about making a pie, but I did make homemade pasta - by hand, no machine required! And oh boy, was it delicious. So good in fact, it wrinkled my brain. And it was stupid easy, all you need is a little elbow grease. And shrimp. It will be made again.

I have also been meaning to post more chicken pics for a while now, so here is Trav's new and improved chicken house with two of our fowl friends below getting a little exercise. Yes, we only have 3 of the original 11 but they are a good 3. It's a good thing we have a better track record with little boys than chickens...
And lastly, Travis in all his 'Moustache March' glory. He tells me he's growing it out the entire month but so far I am just getting scratched every time he wants a kiss. *sigh* I think he's been wanting to do this for quite some time after living under BYU's no facial hair policy for 6 years.

This is an artist's rendering of the projected outcome of Mustache March - if it turns out to be contagious. 

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha ha! I laughed when I read the part about being better at taking care of boys than chickens. Good thing! That pasta looks delish. And what is it with men and their facial hair? Do they understand that we can grow hair on our legs, but nobody wants us to so we shave!

gardeniagirl said...

Joe also went through a facial hair phase after leaving BYU. I went on a kissing strike. That got him to shave fast enough.

daniel said...

That a baby. I'm still sporting my annual Christmas goatee. I've gotten kind of use to it. I'll probably shave for my graduation pictures though.

Deb Millet said...

Well, Mr. Brillo Pad! Not my favorite look for you. As you know I just love your handsome "clean-looking" face best of all. I still laugh every time I think about you raising chickens. You were sure that we were the worst parents ever when we had you "learn responsibility" by raising chickens. I guess 3 chickens are a little different than 200 of them!!! You certainly learned the responsibility part though. Good job, son! The chairs are awesome! DIY forever!!