May 15, 2008

May 11 = one special day

Sunday we celebrated my first Mother's Day and Travis' Birthday. It worked perfectly, he got us donuts the night before for breakfast (can anyone say chocolate-frosted-custard-filled goodness) and we both got to open presents. It was a very special day and I just wanted to mention some of the reasons why I love my man so much.

He is an excellent father. I always knew he would be, but it still amazes me how wonderful he is with Petey.
He is hilarious. His jokes could make it onto any laffy-taffy wrapper.
He is super good-looking. The first time my great-aunt Bertie met him, she said (insert heavy southern accent) "Michelle, that is one handsome man." Yep, I think so too.
He is handy. Attic ladder, new floors, installing shelves..baby you are amazing.
He is smart. I still can't even comprehend what he is writing his masters thesis on.
He is spontaneous. Buying beach cruisers, a scooter that doesn't go, a telescope..I can keep going.
He is spiritual. His knowledge of the gospel continually astounds me.
He is curious. Learning hindi, chinese, making his own cheese, root beer...again, I can keep going.
He is outgoing. Whenever we are in a group with people we don't really know, he is always the first person to jump in and make conversation.
He has quirks. If you know him, you know what I mean.
He celebrates nerd pride day. May 26th you'll see him with his trusty towel.
He is forgiving. I have some quirks of my own and he is always ready to forgive me when I go too far.
He loves me too.

Baby, thank you for four wonderful years and I hope we have many more to come, Happy Birthday. I love you!

2 comments:

Michelle D said...

-sniffle- That was super cute! And you're right, Trav's jokes COULD go on a laffy taffy wrapper.

We sure miss you guys - when can you get together again?

David Lee said...

Travis, you're so funny you should be writing for one of the late night shows - they could use some new material! (I'm not prejudiced) Love, The mother in law.