July 19, 2015

Zurich, Cambridge, and Home!

**If you're just joining in the vacation envy picture fun, be sure to start here.

Driving to Zurich was a bit of an experience - we may have taken a few wrong turns and even wound up driving down a sidewalk at one point, but eventually we got the rental dropped off and had a few hours to spend before our flight the next morning.

We were both pretty exhausted by this time so we didn't have much energy for anything besides a bit of sightseeing. BUT! I did make a necessary stop at Sprungli for a box of out of this world macaroons.

Poor Zurich -- it got the short stick, sightseeing-wise, but we did get to see Marc Chagall's lovely stained glass windows in the Fraumunster. 
I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but I did happen to lose my drivers license while in Zurich. Thank goodness for passports or I'm not sure how we would have gotten home.

The next morning we got up bright and early for the first leg of our journey back home. Travis specifically planned this portion of trip with a 24 hr layover in London so that we could make a quick jaunt up to Cambridge to see the college improv comedy troupe The Footlights perform their year-end review.

Travis insisted that our first stop in London had to be for fish and chips.

We then picked up our rental and got to experience the joys of driving on the wrong left side of the road. Travis looks altogether too happy about this prospect. 
 We finally made it to Cambridge proper and had a few hours to kill before the show so we explored the beautiful college campus for a bit. I could not even imagine going to school here! So. Pretty.

 I swear this was his, like, 15th kebab. He's addicted.
 We made it to the theater and the show was outrageously funny! I don't think either of us realized how young the actors would be (ungrad seems so long ago) but it was fantastic. We had front-row seats and laughed ourselves silly. After another 2 nerve-wracking hour drive back to London, we got a few hours of sleep before our flights left the next morning. 
We had the most amazing, unforgettable trip. I loved seeing and doing so many new things but at the same time, I was most excited about spending so much time with Travis all to myself. Turns out he's a pretty funny dude and we had a ball. 
We missed the kids something fierce, but I'm not kidding when I say we're already planning our trip back!

No comments: