June 26, 2012

Pretty

My family is addicted to strawberry freezer jam but I've never tried making the actual canned stuff. 
Frankly, I've never canned a blessed thing before.
Until now!
After buying raspberries for a song last week and becoming the proud new owner of a pressure cooker given me by a friend, I decided to be adventurous and make raspberry jam.
I didn't actually process them in the new-to-me pressure cooker, I just used it as a hot water bath and it seemed to turn out pretty darn well. 
My house now smells divinely like raspberries and I keep finding myself doing a little Rocky cheer/dance whenever I hear that satisfying 'pop' of the lids sealing themselves.

Just call me 'Holly Homemaker.'

4 comments:

Ashley B. said...

Pretty impressive!

Lisa Lee said...

They look gorgeous. Good job channeling your great gramma!

Michelle D said...

I knew you had it in you!! Just made strawberry freezer jam myself this week, too!

Angela said...

I'm so impressed! You'll have to bring some to the beach, if it lasts that long! :)