July 1, 2012

Beachin' it up

Yesterday we spent the day at the beach in Malibu with the young men/young women from our church and we had a blast!
Dude! Travis broke in his new wet suit by catching some gnarly waves on the boogie board.
He also looked rather spectacular in said getup.
I gave my YW full privilege to heckle him as they saw fit.

One of the other youth leaders brought their two little girls so luckily Peter had someone to play with. Although my YW (and YM truth be told) shower him with attention so I think he would have been okay anyways.
He and Lucy had a great time digging holes to China...


chasing waves...
 and getting rides on the boogie board from Daddy.
Mostly they were just silly and entertained each other.
Despite crying almost the entire drive to the beach, Benji did pretty good. 
That is, as long as Momma was within a 3 foot radius and no one took him too close to the water. 
Like I said, pretty good.
My friend Laura was always happy to try and give me a break from our strong-willed little man. 
 Mostly he just hung out in the shade noshing on whatever snacks willing youth would give him. Slick deal in my opinion. 
So much fun!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Travis has a wetsuit?! Brian's gonna be jealous.

taaperoinen said...

Lovely!