January 7, 2010

What does your husband do with his free time?

Well, mine has made a New Years resolution to learn a different quote every week for the entire year. Admirable right? Yes. But take a gander at the method he has employed to learn said quotes: Yep. My silly hubby has turned our shower into a dry erase board where he'll write a new quote each week. He says it's because it's a shame to waste all that time you spend in the shower every day. I say I'm just glad the house is a rental. And yes, on the opposite wall is the Morse Code alphabet. I know, I know. How on earth did I end up with this crazy man?!?

And if that weren't enough to make you scratch your head, when Petey and I came home from Utah on Monday, we were greeted with this curious structure that Trav had constructed in our absence:
A chicken coop. An urban chicken coop ::sigh:: I knew I married a country boy and as of yet we don't have any chickens in residence but they should be coming any day now. Until then, Petey thinks Daddy has simply built him a new playhouse.

It's a good thing he's dang cute.

9 comments:

Austin said...

Travis - great idea. I have always thought of showers as a waste of time too - but necessary. Maybe I will have to try that as well.

Amber said...

Oh man, I miss you guys. Both of those stories are so unbelievably "Travis". You found a keeper there, Michelle! You guys are great.

joolee said...

I'd love to have chickens! My Travis grew up raising them and says NO WAY every time I mention it...

Katie said...

Seriously... only Travis. Except for remember how on TV Morse code comes in handy all the time? If he ever become a super spy you'll be glad he used his shower time efficiently.

Michelle said...

Katie - you have absolutely no idea how much you make me laugh girly.

Michelle said...

For those of you that are chuckling to yourself but inside are thinking this is a great idea, here are my tips:

1. Wax the inside of the shower with turtle wax first

2. When the dry erase still doesn't come off try toothpaste, that stuff's a miracle!

Isn't eccentricity fun!

-Travis

Neil the Real Deal said...

Travis, you da man! I miss having you around...those are great ideas, though I don't know the first thing about chickens.

Lisa Lee said...

Absolutely THE finest chicken coop I have ever seen. No way they will ever escape!

Debora King said...

Oh Michelle, I laugh so much when I read Travis' crazyness and it is soo lovely the way you treat his mess. You were made to each other!
(I'm only afraid of the baby... what if he does as his dad?)

Kisses from Brasil in all of your cheeks!