April 12, 2009

My son has The Knack

For some time now I've suspected Peter has a very serious condition. You see, I think he has The Knack. He's interested in anything shiny, mechanical or electrical. At first we thought he was just part raccoon but we're pretty sure it's much more serious than that now.

I've finally obtained proof in the following video. This is actually a fairly common occurrence at our house. He'll dump out these blocks and then will put each one back in a slot until they all fit. They've assured me he'll be able to live a normal life but after spending time with other engineers, I'm not so sure.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Who are these "other engineers" of which you speak? Should I take offense?

Katie said...

Yeah, seriously! I think we definitely should Amber. I'm so proud of Petey.

Michelle said...

Okay, I should have qualified that to read "other male engineers." You guys are great!!

Michelle D said...

Wow...that is some fine small motor skills. I think he's practicing to be a doctor! He has a lot of patience to get all those blocks back in without giving up. Sam is all about instant gratification - if it doesn't fit immediately, it must be broken.

Austin said...

I think he has the knack. There is no hope of him having a "normal" life. You will just have to try again. :)

korth fam said...

ha ha, I think the knack is hereditary, Andrew shows signs too, at least they can be friends with others with the same disorder

Uffda said...

Hey Im leaving you another comment in case you can't find my other one. Have fun at work today!
Dusty