January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy 1st Birthday Petey!!
Where has the past year gone! Our wee little man turned one last Sunday and we celebrated with some family and friends. Here's Petey digging into his birthday cake. I made a delish coconut creme cake that I have been dreaming about ever since. At his year checkup, Peter is 17 lbs. 14 oz and 28.5" long. So he's a little puny still and doesn't quite qualify for the forward facing carseats but we're working on it.Trav made Petey this hilarious book called "Now I know my alpha, beta, gamma's" -- his very own first engineering textbook. It's hilarious. Poor Petey doesn't stand a chance of avoiding geekdom. Petey the maestro. He loves anything musical and got a ton of fun toys to try out his jammin' skills. Happy Birthday buddy!!

5 comments:

The Morgans said...

Happy Birthday Peter!! I love your new book. Erica was only 15.8# at her appt. She's going to be facing backwards forever.

gardeniagirl said...

Hey, remember, we're in the same boat with underweight infants. I blame it all on those formula-fed fatties who don't know when to stop eating (just kidding). Elliot was 18.9.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Petey!

Michelle they are MUCH safer staying rear-facing as long as possible. If you want more info about that let me know or google it. Bryton is over 20 pounds but will stay rear-facing probably until he's at least 2. There is MUCH to know about car-seat safety that is different from what the labels on the seats say is "OK". :)

Katie said...

Oh I'm so sad I missed the party. I need to check out that engineering book, though. Maybe Travis should start selling those. I want one!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday buddy, let the good times roll!