March 31, 2015

St. George and a Wedding

Last weekend we met up with my family in St. George to celebrate my Dad's wedding. It was a perfect spring break getaway for us and we had a wonderful time in the beautiful Dixie weather.

On the first day, we took the kids to Pioneer Park to explore the beautiful red rocks.







 Ahh! It's a scary troll!

Nah, just kidding. He doesn't bite...too hard.

My new favorite.




Later that day we all went up Snow Canyon for the actual wedding. It was a very nice service, officiated by brother Jono -- even David got to be there.
Here's the cute girl cousins -- Brookie, Paige, Cami and Nora.


They asked for each of the grandkids to give them advice and Peter's was to "Get along as much as you can so you can be together always."
Benji asked me to give his and he said "Don't fight and don't bring sticks in the house."


All the grandkids

Nora really liked Jan's necklace.


Since we only got to explore a bit before the wedding, we all came back to the same spot the next day to do more hiking on the sandstone.

 Gorgeous.



It was a wonderfully fun adventure and we are so happy for my Dad and Jan to begin their married life together. 

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

beautiful pictures! I was happy to see how happy your dad was on FB :) I still have wonderful memories of him and your mom when you guys were little :)