December 9, 2011

The one about the Christmas Tree

This past week our dear friend Amber came out to visit us and we had a ball. She is soo very good to put up with our crazy. Needless to say, we loved having her here. On Saturday, she was able to witness the 8th Annual Millet Christmas Tree Selection. I tell you, it's a process. Travis is slightly particular about which tree we end up with. All I can say is -- Amber was a trooper. But once again my man came through and picked out a beauty. Although I did forget to take pictures while we were decorating, we did get to take a  few family shots afterwards. 

(Amber'll probably kill me for posting this one, but I love her face here!)

Behold, the Noble Fir

Oh how excited Peter is for Christmas. He's the first to run and play Christmas music every day and wants to know when Christmas Eve is all day long. We finally made a count-down chain to help him since he'd wake up every day and tell us: "Today is Christmas Momma!" and wound up very sad when we corrected him.

Benji adores his older brother. Seriously Peter could do anything and Benji would sit there and laugh hysterically at him. 
And no, Benji isn't standing yet but he sitting on his own and is *this close* to crawling.
Even heart surgery couldn't keep that kid down.

 Coming soon to a Christmas card near you...

6 comments:

*Jess* said...

that is a great tree and a great family picture!

Katie said...

Cute! I'm sad we couldn't make it down to visit.

Chachic said...

That's such a nice family picture, all of you look so happy in it. And I love that a big bookshelf is included in the background.

Unknown said...

WOW!!
Christmas plannings are going so fast looks like finally ideas are coming out of the mind!!

Chime Free Samples

Amber said...

Oh Michelle...I'm not even sure what to say about that picture. After I finished choking when I saw it, it did make me laugh out loud. And I just have to say that family picture couldn't have been any more perfect. You guys are the best!

joolee said...

AMEN to the countdown chains....(sigh) i had TWO kids asking when Christmas was (since about Halloween). gotta have the chains and advent calendars!! great family photo!