September 8, 2011

Preschool!

If you can believe it, my little man started preschool this past week. I can't believe we are to this stage already. My friends Emily and Brittany and I are doing a rotating co-op thing twice a week and this first week was my turn. For some reason I managed to have it at our house the week Travis was out of town (!!) but thankfully we survived. Three three year-old boys can get pretty silly.
Peter and his friend Dublin on the first morning modeling their backpacks. They were so excited.

We are doing a letter a week - so naturally first up was A. On the first day we made paper airplanes, an airplane hanger (or mobile - I think I'm too clever), and followed directions from arrows.

The second day we painted apples (using apples), tried different flavors of apples, applesauce and juice, went on an ant hunt, and practiced following directions from arrows again (they LOVED this game).

I had a great time with the kids but am really looking forward to have a couple of mornings with just me and Benji every few weeks!

3 comments:

joolee said...

following arrows?? what a great idea! i need to do some activities with Madsen each week. we opted not to do the gymnastics preschool, so we're just hanging out together, going to storytime occasionally - it's WONDERFUL! and yes, you will LOVE those mornings with just you and kid #2! :)

Katie said...

How fun! I really hope I can find some people to do Preschool with. I'd like to have Lucas learning and have some alone time, but who wants to pay ridiculous amounts of money for someone to do something that you can do yourself?

The Martinsen Family said...

You are too cute, and clever:) Love ya guys