August 6, 2011

Apollo Park Outing

This past week I took the boys to Apollo Park. It's one of our favorite places to go because it is huge, has TREES (which is pretty rare out here in the desert), a playground and a large duck pond. Plus to get to it, you get to go down the Musical Road (it plays the Lone Ranger Theme song) which is Peter's favorite. I haven't ventured out much with Benji in tow just because it has been so hot but we left pretty early in the morning and had a great time.

Peter feeding the ducks

This fella was Peter's favorite. Once Petey saw its' feathers all fluffed up like this I think he laughed hysterically for like 10 minutes.

My cute man. There is a large walking trail that loops around the park and not 5 minutes after we started off, Pete took a dive and scraped up his knees and elbows. But he was a champ and soldiered on soon afterwards.

This my friends is MY newest friend. For my birthday I bought myself this lovely tandem stroller. Being a sit-n-stand, it makes it so much easier to be able to strap my crazy toddler in instead of trying to chase him down all the time. Plus, it's super light and I can put the car seat in the front or the back depending on where I want Peter to sit.

Benji hanging out in the shade. He was so good the entire trip.

After wandering around for a while, our good friend Emily and her kids met us at the playground but of course I forgot to take pictures then. We were just having too good of a time!

3 comments:

The Martinsen Family said...

I love how you buy yourself birthday presents, its the best way to get what you really want. Welcome the joyous life of the double stroller. They're great.

Deb Millet said...

I am so glad you and the boys were able to take a "road trip". Lots and kisses and hugs to all of you.

Cherie said...

We just bought us a sit and stand too! They're great!