April 9, 2010

The Domestic Goddess

Sorry for the laxity in posting of late, but we have been extremely crazy a la casa Millet. Easter, our 6th anniversary and lots of other runnings around happening. But somehow in the past couple of weeks I've found time for some projects that I've had my eye on for quite some time. First up is my feeble attempt at making Easter PJs for Petey. I've been inspired by all the crafty things my college and blogging buddy Julie makes for her kids and figured I'd try it out too. 
The turkey is still in his Thomas phase and when I found this fabric on clearance, I figured it was a sign. I used this online tutorial and only had to rip out seams 3 or 4 times. Not bad for a novice sans pattern. But the kid loves them so I also ended up making a pair of pj shorts out of Cars material - which he also loves - those turned out a bit better but of course I don't seem to have a photo of them.
Next came the strawberry jam. I know it seems a little early, but out here I found strawberries on sale for $0.69/lb(!!!) this past week and went a little crazy. I don't think I've EVER seen strawberries that cheap - it's one of the perks of living in CA I suppose. I bought maybe 15 pounds: turned some into freezer jam, froze cut up pieces for later use and the rest have been disappearing at an alarming rate into the belly of a little boy who can easily eat his own body weight in strawberries.

And lastly, I had to add this one per Trav's request. Let me present the final Mustache March results:  
He had grown out a pretty full beard with all his co-workers and this is the Hook mustache he created for the last day of March. I'm just glad we are now back to smooth and clean every day.

6 comments:

David Lee said...

he does look rather menacing! Clean is fav for me too.

Katie said...

I'm impressed by your domesticness. But not impressed by Travis's mustache... ewww. Good thing March is over. Although I did laugh pretty hard at that picture.

kristilee said...

Oh my oh my! Is Travis auditioning for one of the pirate's at Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride? Lovely. And I am very impressed with your jam and jammies.

Austin said...

How could you leave Travis' accomplishment out! That is amazing.

Brian said...

That mustache is nothing short of heroic my friend. I commend you on a job well done.

Joe said...

I think Trav should become a moustache lifer, not just moustache march participant.