May 21, 2009

Night at the Museum

This might be a long post, so hold on!

We finally got our internet hooked up! Yea!! I didn't realize just how addicted I was to having internet until I've gone two weeks with only a spotty connection from the one guy in our building who didn't protect his wireless.. Thank you rhor. But all that's behind us, we're done with waiting half an hour for email to load and of course, breaking the law. So please excuse my laxity in blogging - I had good reason.

The AF base here hosts the National Air Force Museum and last weekend they were hosting this special "Night at the Museum" event where various exhibits would come 'alive.' Since we live in a community so connected to the base, there were a TON of folks there - there was literally a line of cars backed up to the freeway entrance waiting to get in. One of the neatest parts of the evening was listening in when all the old men told their sons/grandsons/buddies about when they flew in this plane or fought in this battle - pretty cool.














Trav could probably rattle off the name and historical significance of each and every plane we saw (he actually read all the little tags) but let me just tell you, there were three large hangers full of planes while yours truly was sporting this lovely bruise and a nice pimp walk to rival my Dad's.


Right before we left, Trav and I were playing soccer in the house (what else do you do when you don't have furniture?) and I happened to land a well placed kick on his shin. This resulted in me rolling around on the floor while Trav decided it really wasn't that bad and to not whine so much. Hmmm. Let's just say he changed his tune after spotting the huge blue bruise that had formed after walking around the museum for two hours. Also, this picture doesn't really do it justice - it's much bluer and it wraps around my toes in real life. I am clutzy, hear me roar.




Trav can come back later and post all the planes he thought were cool but since I'm posting, here's my commentary. This plane is autonomous, like the ones Trav builds (just much bigger) but all I could think of the entire time was how much it resembled a sperm whale.














And because he is just so dang cute, here's the little man in his element: wandering around the back yard and reading books.

5 comments:

The Martinsen Family said...

Petey is getting so big, I feel so bad for you and your foot. We might not have abs of steel, but we have do bones of steel. We're so sad that you guys are far away, but we will definitely come and visit when you get back. What's your address so I can send you Paxton's baby announcement? You can email it to me or I can just delete your comment after you post it, so no one comes and stalks you in Ohio:)

Uffda said...

I had a similar bruise about a month ago. But I kicked a chair. Did I mention before we miss you guys? We do, these boy take all the parking spots hehehee. Looks like you are having a ton of fun though.

Deb Millet said...

My little Peter isn't so little anymore! I love the darling levi's on him. What a fashion plate for GQ he's going to be. He looks so into his books. I wonder where he gets that from??? You are great parents. I love and miss you guys.

gardeniagirl said...

We're moving out of state. We just don't know where yet. Tell you hubby to call Joe; he's been trying to get a hold of him. So it looks like you're having fun in Ohio so far, eh?

Kris said...

So, I was going to leave a smart remark on your 'You might be from Georgia' post about you having lived half your life in Utah and question your Southern identity, but the fact that you just said 'Pimp Walk' in reference to your father makes you bonafide in my book.