September 6, 2008

Peanut butter Chocolate Cake


I love to cook. Love, love, love it. However, sometimes I am also quite adventurous (meaning: I don't like to follow a recipe) and thus the final product doesn't always turn out as planned. (Think an entire pot of corn chowder that had to be thrown out because my 'dash' of thyme turned out to be a little much...)
Fortunately for everyone involved, this time I struck gold with the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. My Father-in-law came to stay with us on Thursday night and with his birthday this weekend, we decided to celebrate. And if you are in our family celebrating means food. So, I decided to make a birthday cake. I tried out a frosting recipe I got from those cheesy Kraft food and family magazines and unlike many of their other recipes, it got rave reviews so I thought I'd share. So here's the recipe for the best peanut butter frosting. Ever.

Peanut butter Frosting (this may ONLY be used on chocolate cake -- I guess you could use another type of cake, but why?!)
Bake a two-layer chocolate cake according to package directions (I used devil's food). Let cool.
Add one cup of cold milk to one package of instant vanilla pudding and mix for 5-6 min. Add 1/2 peanut butter. Mix.
Spread 1 cup of the mixture over one layer of cake and top with other cake layer.
Add 1 cup of cool whip to mixture and frost cake as usual.
Prepare for yummy goodness!!

3 comments:

korth fam said...

wow I'm totally going to try that, and add a big glass of milk, mmmm cake! thought you should know you inspired me in AZ to be a chef, :) cooking and baking is so fun, now it's finding the time to do it that's the tricky part.

Katie said...

Oh wow, that looks really good. I might have to try this out. We love chocolate and peanut butter.

Sue said...

That cake looks absolutely scrumptious.