July 20, 2016

Road Trip Home

After a few days of enjoying the Redwoods and hanging out with family, we said our goodbyes and headed back home. The camp was only a few hours north of San Francisco, so on the way home we decided to drive through the city. 

We stopped at the Palace of Fine Arts where they held the 1915 Expo. My art history professors would have been so proud.


After walking around for a bit, we stopped at Ghiradelli Square for sundaes - the kids were thrilled with all the free chocolates the employees kept giving them.
We wound up driving around town for awhile and apparently I do not do well on those super-steep roads. Travis was beside himself with laughter at my near panic attack as we went up and down those giant hills. Apparently, I have no problem with roller coasters or heights but those near vertical streets send me into a panic. Who knew? 

The kids slept most of the way home but we woke them up to stop at the Natural Bridges State Park. This was a gorgeous beach with beautiful rock formations.




I think we were all pretty exhausted after that much travel and fun over the past week and that was our last stop. There were still a few more places I had wanted to see but they will have to wait for our next adventure!

No comments: