May 9, 2015

May the 4th 2015

Nerd Alert!!!
This post needs a hefty warning due to the extreme nerdiness to follow.

We sorta went all out for Star Wars Day (May the 4th) this year. 

A family from church invited us over for a Star Wars party that night and about an hour before we were supposed to be there -- I realized we were supposed to come in costume. So! Into the dress up box I dug and out came 2 padawan costumes, a Princess Leia, an ewok and one handsome Han Solo.
 Mostly the boys were excited to carry around their lightsabers. Even though Nora now has the bumps on her head to remind us we don't normally keep them lying around.

Such serious concentration from our Padawan Peter.

 Awww. What a happy little man.


 Serious props has to go to Travis for his costume. His came together in about 5 min -- after I sprung the idea on his when he walked in the door -- he's good for putting up with my last minute crazy ideas. I think his Han Solo turned out exceptionally well.
 My 'ewok' getup.

It was so fun to dress up with my crew despite the fact that we were the only ones who really dressed up for the party. We had a blast and now all our friends know the true extent of our nerdiness.

No comments: