August 20, 2014

Six Flags!

Peter got a free pass to six flags magic mountain thru his school for reading this past year and since it was about to expire we decided to have a Mom and Peter date complete with roller coasters while Travis was kind enough to take the day off to stay with Benji and Nora.
This was Peter's first time at six flags and I wasn't sure what he'd think but he had a blast. Luckily he was tall enough to ride at least one roller coaster and you can be sure we rode it at least 3 times. 

And because it was so hot OF COURSE we had to go on all the water rides a few times each.
Can you spot the little shorty in the orange shirt here standing on the bridge over splash water falls? I used to love doing this as a kid! I told Peter what would happen but I don't think he was quite prepared for the wall of water that came his way.
After the deluge: he totally loved it!
Some nice people even gave us these great batman and superman capes - here's Pete in his best superhero pose.
He was in heaven all day and I had so much fun with him. He's at an age where stuff like this is really fun. No naps, no tantrums and no whining - even with all the walking and heat. He didn't really like it when the lines were long but hey, who does?
We totally shut the place down. I was worried I'd have to drag him off the rides! It was such a fun day and I'm glad to have gotten to spend the day with my grown up man. 

No comments: