February 2, 2014

Peter Turns 6!

Last week Peter turned the big 6 years old!
For a special treat, I took donuts and juice into his kindergarten class to celebrate. Since I haven't had a chance to volunteer in his classroom yet, it was so fun to see him interact with all his little friends and his teacher. Benji of course loved going to 'Pete skool.'
Here he is with the wonderful Mrs. Larsen. She's got those kids eating out of her hand.

Peter and his best bud Noah -- both their faces here crack me up!
We had a few friends over Friday night to celebrate and this is the cake Peter asked for:
a green Ninjago cake -- of which both he and Benji are currently major fans. Which is all well and good until they start practicing their 'ninja moves' on each other. *sigh* Boys....

 The chaos.

It was a pretty crazy night with lots of little kids running around but I think Peter had a good time.
At least Benji loves all of Peter's new toys.

Then on Saturday for Peter's actual birthday, we went as a family to Chuck E. Cheese.
See this face? He was so excited!




I love my family. 
Peter is just the funniest little man ever. I am amazed at how grown up he has become this past year -- but still love all his sweet requests to snuggle or play with him. I think my heart bursts a little bit every morning when I drop him off at school and he kisses me and says "I love you mom!" I know I'll only have a few more years of that. Don't ever grow up little man. 
Peter is curious and energetic and has never met a stranger. He's an excellent big brother and is constantly surprising us with his creativity and insights.
Happy Birthday buddy. You are so special to us all.

No comments: