January 25, 2014

Nesting

In an attempt to save our sanity, Travis and I both agreed we wanted to wait until after Christmas to start getting ready for this new baby. Mostly because it just felt like an overwhelming task. First we needed to move Benji out of the crib (Success! He loves sleeping in the bunk beds with Peter) and secondly, I had no idea what to do for a little girl's room as I've never been one much for an abundance of pink. 

Luckily, my crafty sister in law Jenn had done this great argyle wall for her little boy and when I saw it at Christmas I knew that's what I wanted. The walls in our crap craft room were already a nice silver so Travis helped me measure off the diamonds and dotted lines and we painted away.
I love how the walls turned out! The teal and hot pink paint are ridiculously cute without being over the top girly.
Then I found this little dresser on craigslist that was in need of some serious love (think red velvet panels...Oy) but after a few coats of paint -- I think it turned out adorable! Especially after spray painting the yucky bronze handles silver.
 Peter calls it the 'surprise dresser' because when you open the doors, it's hot pink inside to match the walls. His idea was that we put a boxing glove inside the doors that would pop out and punch people when you opened them. "Surprise!" I think he felt a bit let down the first time he opened the doors after I told him it was all finished and nothing happened. Sorry dude.
As you can see we also did another argyle stripe on the opposite wall to keep things interesting.
All we need now is a baby! I'm so happy with how this room is coming together. Turns out this nesting phase is quite exciting (if not exhausting). Who knew a couple of cans of paint could produce such fun results?
Two months and counting...

3 comments:

joolee said...

Darling room!! I love it.

*Jess* said...

I absolutely LOVE it!! :)

Ashley B. said...

You can nest my way if you'd like to - super cute!