July 2, 2013

Utah Marathon Vacation

Be prepared for a pretty long-winded post coming up - Just after Peter's graduation a few weeks ago, we headed off to Utah for a few weeks of good times and family outings. Travis stayed with us the first week but was a party pooper had to return home due to work so I stayed with the boys and hung out with the Grandparents and cousins for another week. 
And then I made the road trip back home just me and the kids. That's a whole 'nother story there though.
One of the first trips we took was up to Cascade Springs with my dad for father's day. 


 It was so gorgeous up there, the kids loved it. And Benji was in heaven with all the 'wa-wa' (water).
Next up we headed out to go 4-wheeling and motorcycling with my dad. Which was amazing. It's been years since either Travis or I has been on a motorcycle and I had forgotten how fun it is.

Although Peter was mostly ambivalent about riding (he was fascinated with Grandpa's 'party' van however), Benji had the time of his life. You could barely get the kid off the thing...
 Another day we went up to my sister's cabin in Sundance with my dad and the boys had a great time playing in the creek up there. 
 Despite the creek's freezing temperature, the boys were not shy about hopping right in.

 This pretty butterfly even happened to land on Grandpa. I sure hope we're around during the winter to go sledding up there!
The last day we went to Deer Creek Reservoir and went boating with all the cousins. Which was so much fun.
 Here's the entire clan
 And one more with all the squirrely grandkids with Grandpa -- eek! minus Benji. I have no idea where that kid was. Probably with whoever he had suckered into giving him a treat at that particular moment.
We had such a wonderful trip and the weather was so perfect for all the fun adventures we had. I sure do miss living in Utah - mostly I miss living close to my wonderful family. Thanks for showing us such a good time!
Hopefully I'll get more pictures soon (since my camera died before our trip and these are ones I bummed off other folks) and post them too. 

1 comment:

kristilee said...

Love all your pics! Brooke looks like a grumple-puss in that group shot. It was so nice seeing you & the boys!