September 6, 2012

Switzer Falls

For Labor Day we decided to hike up to Switzer Falls again with Trav's co-workers Julie and Firdosh. It was a 5 mile trek and while Benji hung out in the backpack, Peter actually hiked the entire thing! During the steep parts I kept thinking he'd ask me to hold him, but he'd just say "I think my legs need a rest Momma." So we'd stop for a bit and then he'd be good to keep going. Amazing.

Although that night did he wake up screaming around 11 pm yelling "My legs hurt!!!"
I had to massage them till he went back to sleep. I wasn't surprised in the least. 

At the top of the hike we were rewarded with this pretty little waterfall and swimming hole. At first we were just wading a bit even since the water was pretty icy...but oh so refreshing.


 Then Peter decided he had to go swimming. So we did the Redneck thing and stripped him down to his undies. And being the good dad he is, Travis doffed his Tshirt and took him for a swim. The kid loved it!
He loved swimming in his undies and loved splashing around. We had to literally drag him out when we were ready to head back. And it took a good 10 minutes of me rubbing his skin for him to finally stop shaking from the cold. 
Peter didn't even mind going commando the entire way back since his undies were soaked.
As we were leaving we did watch some guy use the waterfall as a water slide! What!?! 
Next year we are definitely planning on hiking in bathing suits and trying that out for ourselves.


"My brother and Daddy are crazy."

No comments: