September 2, 2012

Grocery Store Logic

Last Saturday I was able to go grocery shopping by myself -- a pretty rare event around these parts to be sure. As I was checking out I noticed the guy behind me kind of watching me check out. I was thinking he was probably getting impatient since I had a ton of stuff (nothing too crazy, just your average bi-weekly shopping list for a family of four). As I was finally finishing up and getting ready to leave he stopped me for this somewhat odd yet revealing conversation:

Random Grocery Store Guy: "I don't mean to be nosy or anything but I was just looking at all the things you bought. It's a pretty random assortment of stuff. Do you run a daycare or something?"

Me: "Uh no. I just have two kids. Although sometimes it does feel like I run a daycare." (HA! look at me being all witty on the spot!)

Random Guy: "They're both boys right?"

Me: "What?"

Random Guy: "Your kids. They're both boys, right?"

Me: "Yeah, they are. How'd you know?"

Random Guy (nodding sagely): "You've gotta have lots of random stuff to keep boys entertained."

Truer words have never been said Random Grocery Store Guy.

No comments: