February 17, 2012

9 Months already

Last week Benji turned 9 months old. We are so proud of our little boy - he's chunked up to 15lbs 2oz (almost a 4lb weight gain in 3 months!) and is literally everywhere. Best of all his heart looks like it is completely fine - no murmur and we are even down to 3 month visits to the cardiologist (much better than every 2 weeks). So far it looks like he won't need any other medicines or treatments. I cannot tell you how good it is to have a healthy baby again.
He's starting to sleep better, still wakes up around twice a night, but we are working on that. I still don't have it in me to let him cry it out yet. This kid might be a touch spoiled. But he deserves to be, right?

Benji's a speedy little crawler and pulls up on everything.
Sporting 4 teeth (with 2 more soon to make an appearance) this kid loves to eat. As long as it doesn't come on a spoon (none of that yucky baby food for him), he will chow it down. Some favorites include: pizza crust, popcorn (pieces that I pick the kernel off of), black beans, and rice crackers. He's also mostly weaned himself and usually just drinks formula now. Which  is sorta sad because I miss those quiet moments with my baby - but also nice that others (I'm looking at you Travy) can take a turn at 2am!
One of Benji's favorite places to play is on my bookshelves. Probably cause I store his toy bins on the bottom shelf. He seems to be fascinated with books and will pull several off the shelf and sit and look at the colorful covers.
Hopefully this means he'll be a bookworm just like his brother and mommy!
I know I'm biased but...
Dang it! That kid is cute!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I'm so glad he's doing well and his heart is all better! :) I wouldn't be able to let him cry at night, either :) Spoil away! They are only little for such a sweet time. Jayce was a horrible sleeper as a baby and by 2, he was sleeping like a champ.

korth fam said...

Spoil him rotten, he is so stinkin' cute! So happy to hear he is better!