November 19, 2011

Canned Biscuit Doughnuts

So I'm just gonna post this real quick cause I HAVE to share this awesome discovery. 

I love doughnuts. Love, love, love.
Problem is, I only ever want them at like 10 o'clock at night when all the fresh made ones have gone stale and by that point I really don't want to wait another 3 hours for home-made dough to rise. 

But I recently discovered a trick for making homemade doughnuts that I just know is going to change my life (and probably make it even harder for me to lose that baby weight). Using this recipe, we cut out doughnuts from regular old canned buttermilk biscuits, fried them in 350 degree oil and then finally covered them in cinnamon sugar and boy howdy were they ever delicious. Light, fluffy, and the best yet - nice and piping hot in just a matter of minutes.

In fact, this is all that is left of the ones we made this morning:
I think we just discovered a new Millet family tradition.

4 comments:

joolee said...

oh yessss, these are wonderful!! my family used to do these occasionally for FHE. our favorite was rolling them in powdered sugar - you have to eat those quickly or the sugar gets soggy, but they're OH so GOOD!

Lisa Lee said...

Looks like a treat to test out on the Harben-Thurmonds this week...
And Peter's comments are awesome - I almost aspirated my drink from laughing! What a little smartee britches.

Angela said...

Oh, heavens, we have recently discovered this trick too! I'm not sure if it's a good thing to know about, or a bad thing... :)

Rachelle said...

mmmm, yummy treats, new house, baby doing better. it sounds good. Happy Holidays in Cali!