October 2, 2011

Brought to you by the letter D

I taught preschool again at our house this week, focusing on the letter D. I don't know if I've finally figured out how much to prepare for these guys or if D is just a fun letter because things went much smoother this week.

On the first day, Peter and Dublin Dug for Dinosaurs in the Dirt. Boy howdy did they ever love this. I think they would have spent the entire time in these boxes if I'd have let them. Actually, I let them play in these for a loooong time. Peter still won't let me empty them out in fact.

They also made these hilarious Dinosaur hats and ran around making different dinosaur sounds for ages.

We put together a giant Dinosaur puzzle, and sorted little dinosaurs by color and type and created patterns. Dinosaur Day was a complete success!

On the second day, we did all things '5 Little Ducks.' We sang, took our Ducks swimming in a bucket and made Duck 'footprints' outside. We played Duck, Duck, Goose and then built towers with some Dominoes, went on a Dandelion hunt and finally made our own Dandelions too. 

My favorite discovery for that day: Bingo markers. The boys LOVED putting dots in each circle and in general just drawing with them. We also used them in a Dice/number recognition game which worked out really well. I'm going to have to incorporate these bad boys in the future because they loved them.

And now another week off to look forward to. Just in time for moving day!!

3 comments:

Jenn's Quiet Time said...

You are too AWESOME!!!

joolee said...

nice job!! it's always nice when things run smoothly...

Brittany McClure said...

Dublin still loves to wear his dinosaur mask! I'd call it a huge success!!