March 22, 2011

My farmer boys

As he is sometimes prone to be, Travis kept acting all cryptic on Saturday saying he and Pete needed to go to the store to buy a 'surprise' for Peter. Well, aside from my instant fear (please, please don't bring home any more animals!), I've learned it's just better to let him do his thing cause it usually results in something fabulous for the little man. This time was no exception.

The boys returned home with 4 large hay bales and proceeded to play outside for the next couple of hours even though it was freezing outside. Travis is convinced keeping this type of stuff around is eventually going to turn Peter into a 'man' - mostly because it forces him to do stunts like this:
I think they both had a great time making railroad tracks, a barn, and who knows what all else despite Petey's many resulting bumps, bruises and itchy skin.

Travis' main explaination on why hay bales? "Because every fun memory I have as a kid revolved around bales of hay."

Well, alrighty then.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Travis cracks me up! And, truth be told, this city kid has some great memories surrounding hay bails too. They were just MUCH bigger than those ones. Pete looks like he's having a blast!

Lisa Lee said...

How funny! I think it's also to distract Peter's from wanting to climb the concrete wall

Cherie said...

Too funny. I shared this with Keith. HOw are your chickens?

gardeniagirl said...

I think that Petey is Elliot's doppelganger. Especially the pic in your last post of him standing on top of the car, trying to get over the wall. It gets scarier when you have an infant to watch. Elliot likes to leap over Ruby when she's on the floor.

Joe said...

Now I finally understand why I didn't have a happy childhood!