February 18, 2010

Boys. Dirt. Diggers.

When I came home from the library the other night, I found this in our front yard: 
 
Trav has been talking about making a giant sandcastle for weeks now and with the gorgeous weather we've been having lately, finally made good on his word. Petey is in love. All he wants to do is play in the sand morning, noon and night. When we are inside he constantly asks me to out "outside" and throws a nice little fit every time I say it's time to come in. I'm sure the neighbors get a kick out of that.
Petey's newest thing is to take a stick and poke it into the castle while saying "take that!" and then cracking up hysterically. I have no idea where he picked that up.
The Turkey with his assortment of diggers.

If you look closely there is actually a real back-hoe parked across the street (behind the tree). This causes no end of headache since Petey will periodically dash across the street to go "ride" on the digger. That kid gets faster every day I swear. I'm even starting to wonder if tractors and diggers will edge out the train fascination soon...

One can only hope.

4 comments:

The Tregeagles said...

Holy Cow!

Katie said...

Ha Ha, where did he get the whole "take that" thing from? That is hilarious.

Cherie said...

I must ask, why is there sand in your front yard?

Michelle said...

Cherie - um... because we live in the desert and no one has grass. Just sand. I'd cry if Petey didn't love it so much.