February 5, 2010

Airplane drama

Yesterday I joined the ranks of parents who seriously regret not bringing a change of clothes in their carry-on during a flight. Oh, I brought clothes for Petey of course. Just not for me.

We had taken off, Petey was doing great and the stewardess had just brought us our drinks. I tell you five minutes had not passed when the turkey somehow ended up knocking an entire cup of water on my lap. I'm talking knees to waist - completely soaked. Underwear included. It's a good thing I didn't order my usual coke or (heaven forbid) tomato juice. Luckily I was wearing light-weight pants and they ended up (mostly) drying before we landed but it was enough to convince me to start bringing a change of clothes for myself on a plane too.

And of course, flying with a toddler never fails to remind me of this fabulous Bill Cosby bit:

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Yikes! And I'm sure Petey was sitting on your wet lap most of the time too. Did you go anywhere fun?

Kris said...

Not to one up you, but try security with two kids. "Excuse me, ma'am, you can't bring water on." Watch me, bucko (begin whining about being thirsty). "Excuse me, ma'am, but the child will have to send her stuffed animal through the x-ray." Right, bucko (begin hysterics). "Excuse me, ma'am, but is that your child running down the one way escalator?" (While you are still putting the DVD player back in the bag, not to mention your shoes)
And that's all before the flight even starts.

Michelle said...

Cherie - sadly we are just two weeks over being able to fly for free. But that did mean the boy got his very own dry chair.

Kris - hehehehe. Those men in uniform have no clue, do they?

The Martinsen Family said...

I am so sad you're not in Provo anymore. We are headed to Michelle's house for a girls weekend. You will be missed, this does mean more clothes for us to exchange:) just kiddin'