November 13, 2009

Stitches

Last Friday I got a call from Travis. It went something like this:

Trav: Hey, if I needed to get stitches, which hospital should I go to?

me: Wha..??!?

He then proceeded to tell me how he had sliced open three of his fingers on an small airplane's propeller. After the shock sort of wore off and 14 stitches later, I did however feel the need to mock him just a little bit.

See, he is always giving other guys in his lab a hard time when they have to get stitches for grabbing a propeller - mostly because he had never done it himself. And now, with only 2 weeks left in the lab, Trav had to go and do the walk of shame himself. Payback is sweet.

8 comments:

The Martinsen Family said...

Those sure are some pretty stitches, though. They look good on you Trav. Hopefully you will have feeling in them when the stitches come out. Thanksgiving is almost here. Yay. You better be good to go snowboarding.

The Tregeagles said...

Sick

gardeniagirl said...

Wow, I can't wait to show Joe this picture.

korth fam said...

Wow that looks painful, hope recovery is quick!

Katie said...

Those look super nasty. Too bad he didn't do this three weeks ago, he could have worked it into his Halloween costume.

Rachelle said...

Holy cow! guess he won't be washing dishes for Thanksgiving/

Britton said...

Ha ha ha!!!!! I can safely laugh with no fear of retribution as 18 months and 10 stitches ago, I received a flesh tearing bone chipping visit from my carbon fiber propeller. Luckily, Renee was with me to drive me to the ER. PS- Travis... remember when I cut Mark Killpack's fingers.... man what bunch of nerds!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That's nasty! I'm trying to feel bad for you Travis, but hey, it's kind of too funny to make me feel a lot of sympathy. ;)