July 25, 2009

When the Bontornos come to play

My old roomie and bestest friend Ashley and her hubby Pete came to visit us this week. Since Smashley and I only usually see each other in hour increments, two whole days of fun was an extra treat. I took them up to the John Bryan State Park our first day together and we hiked around for quite a bit. Peter actually fell asleep in Pete's arms - I think he liked having them here. I especially enjoyed having them around to help corral the little monkey. Thanks guys! Aren't you excited for your own little rugrat to come??

Here we are checking out some nice puddles and moss along the trail.

Playing Pooh Sticks

The next day, we made the trip to Cinncinati to visit the Taft Museum of Art. It's a house that has been converted into a museum and all I can say is: Goya, Rembrandt, Ingres and beautiful furniture: I was in heaven. Not to mention how nice it was to have two extra sets of hands to hold onto one wiggly boy.

Petey especially loved exploring the grounds. I thought for sure he would fall in this fountain.
Me and the boy on the grounds. It rained all that day so we got pretty wet, but Petey didn't seem to mind.
No surprise there - my son quite loves the rain. Whenever it rains he cries until we let him go outside and then he'll play and play until he's absoultley soaked. He especially enjoys the rain gutters. What a turkey. Okay, a cute turkey.Thanks again for coming out Pete and Ash! We miss you guys already!!

4 comments:

Uffda said...

Parker LOVES playing in water too. And yes you are lucky he didn't fall in. Pj fell into a cooler this afternoon at a family reunion! It was quite funny, actually.

*Jess* said...

my son love Pooh Sticks, too :)

Ashley B. said...

I'm not sure who loved Pooh sticks more Pete or Petey, but we all sure had fun! Thanks!

Rachelle said...

Michelle, I'm such a dork and already lost your email address. Please send it to me:)