March 30, 2009

Masterpiece

Has anyone else been enjoying the new Masterpiece Dickens collection as much as I have?

I loved the Jane Austen series they did last year (opened up a whole new world in Northanger Abbey for me) and Tess and Wuthering Heights from earlier this year were truly great. Trav and I have almost finished watching Oliver Twist and it's fabulous.

Fab-U-Lous.
I'm all for a good villain and Bill Sikes in Oliver is just perfect -- the chills run down your spin, make you want to run and hide kind of villain. Trav said the thing that makes him so scary is that everyone seems to know a guy like him. ::shiver:: I agree. I don't think I'd ever want to get up close and personal with someone like him.
And here's Bill - he's mean, he's nasty. He's perfect.

FYI - the current show is Little Dorrit and if you head over to Masterpiece you can watch each episode online for a few weeks.

1 comment:

gardeniagirl said...

You and I are completely on the same page. We practically posted the same thing. I LOVE Dickens.