April 9, 2008

Workin' hard for the money

This week I officially started back to work as a part-time librarian. I know, anyone who knows me knew that I always wanted to stay home with my kids, but we just couldn't pass up great insurance and an additional paycheck while Trav is finishing up his Masters. The only way it works is because my kind mom keeps Petey two days a week and Trav comes home from school the other two days to watch him. I don't think I could quite bear to leave the little guy with anyone other than family. It's still remarkably hard, I cried the first couple of times I left (and I'm sure I'll continue to do so) but my excuse is that I'm running on substantially reduced amounts of sleep. Peter has done great however. He is such a happy man and always has a smile and a giggle for 'the milk lady' as soon as I get home.
I am amazed when I think about how hard it must be for single parents to have to leave their kids. I am so blessed to have a husband with a flexible schedule and a work schedule that basically lets me decide when I can work. I love my job and co-workers, but lets just say they aren't quite as cute or as funny as my little man.

1 comment:

Michelle D said...

Glad to see the adjustment went "well." How nice to have family around to watch sweet Pete.

We need to do a game night soon, soon, soon!