August 22, 2013

1st day of Kindergarten!

I just realized that while I posted a picture of Peter from his first day of Kindergarten on Facebook, I never did do the big post here... So this is me, getting things down all official like.
On August 8th Peter had his very first day of Kindergarten. That kid was so incredibly ready. 
Almost every day over the summer he'd ask me "How many more days until I start school?"
The only thing Peter is sad about is the fact that he doesn't get to ride a school bus. But Benji sure does like making the trek every day. 
 Giving brother hugs at the dropoff.

 At this point, I was one big blubbering mess while Peter was simply waiting patiently for his teacher to get the party started. We did discover that a few of his friends from preschool are in his class (the two little girls in front of him in line below) so that made his day.
Peter is really enjoying school. Every day he comes home and will talk and talk about all the things they got to do and who he played with during recess (you guessed it, mostly girls). His teacher, Mrs. Larsen, goes to our church and we love her to death and she just gives nothing but glowing reports about Peter. Which leads me to believe that he's saving up all his crazy for once he gets home, but that's okay by me.
Look at that handsome man though. Can you believe how grown up he is?

No comments: