December 9, 2010

I'm so crafty, I make PEOPLE!

Well my friends, the title of this post really says it all. Travis, Petey and I are getting really excited to welcome the newest little Millet into our home come May 6 next year. Unlike with Petey, we've had to be patient for a very long time while walking a pretty uphill road - so we are now feeling extra blessed at the moment after watching the ultrasound (and seeing our healthy baby moving all around).

As for the baby -- well, even though Travis was convinced it was going to be a girl we found out it is going to be a BOY! Let's just say I am thrilled seeing as we already have everything we need and know what to do with boys. Maybe that's lazy, but I couldn't be more happy.

Lastly, I thought I'd share a conversation we had with Peter today. All throughout this pregnancy he's been telling me he thinks it's a baby sister, but this last week he changed his mind.

Me: "Peter, do you think there's a baby brother or a baby sister in mommy's tummy?"

Peter: "Baby broder."

Me: "Really? What should we name your baby brother?"

Peter: "Uh... Petey."

Me: "But your name is already Peter. What will we call the baby?"

Peter: "He will be little Petey and I will be big Petey."

Me: "Okay, that's not confusing at all."

Peter: "Then Mama will have a baby Petey and Daddy will have a baby Petey."

Travis: "Well, that makes sense to me."

Can't argue with that kind of logic.

15 comments:

Amber said...

Hooray! Congratulations you guys! I love that Peter - he's hilarious. You better let this new baby know that he's gotta be vacation-ready pretty soon after he gets here.

gardeniagirl said...

Yay! Congrats!

The Spanns said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you guys!

Kristin Hanson said...

May 6 is the best birthday. Ever. Cause it's mine :) Congrats!!!

The Morgans said...

Congrats!!! We are very happy for you guys.

joolee said...

Congrats!! and another boy? how fun for petey!!

*Jess* said...

oh, Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

shell said...

So happy for you!!!!

Katie said...

Yay for another little Millet! Congratulations you guys.

Angela said...

Yippie! So excited for you guys. The only question left, is who get's big Petey and who gets little Petey? :)

Rachelle said...

So happy for you! I hope we get to meet up again at another conference and play with both of your kids.

korth fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's very exciting news! Glad to hear baby is doing well! We'll keep your family in our prayers!

Lisa Lee said...

Hooray for ultrasounds & flagpoles. We are so happy for you. What a funny little man you have. Just wait til he uses that logic when he's 15........

Holly said...

Michelle!? CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! What a great blessing. You should've told me. :) Rowen was born on May 8. Great time to have a baby.

4 1/2 weeks to go for me - yay. *smile* I need to visit your family blog more often, obviously.

Cherie said...

Ooh! We are so thrilled for your family. I can't wait for baby petey to make his debut. We need a reunion with you and the Olsons some time. :) Sending our love from CT!