November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone got their fill of candy and pumpkins this past weekend - we sure did! Amazingly, we all dressed up this year - even Travis. He went as Bert the chimney sweep from Mary Poppins, Peter was a cowboy and I was Frauline Maria from The Sound of Music - complete with guitar and suitcase. So we sorta had our own Julie Andrews theme night -- Trav and I just got our movies mixed up. But we did have a blast getting our costumes together, although next year I think I just might have to pick one from this hilarious list.

Peter was the cutest cowboy ever. We even had little spurs to put on his boots (which are not actual cowboy boots - we didn't have those. he simply wore rain boots. close enough). He calls his hat a 'howdy hat' and his little pistol a 'shoot gun.' Love it.

Of course his favorite part of the evening was playing with his friend Dublin the dragon. When we first got to the party, Peter kept running around saying "where's the dragon mommy?" And I had no clue what he was talking about until I realized Dublin was the dragon. They chased each other around all night.

Getting the goods truck-or-treating

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

*Jess* said...

you all look great!!

Katie said...

Very cute. I love his cowboy outfit.

Lisa Lee said...

You're always so creative. Cute outfits.

Angela said...

Love it! I totally need a howdy hat.

Deb Millet said...

You guys are fabulous!