September 5, 2010

Skirty Flirty

So yesterday, I finally got brave and used this tutorial to make this skirt -- which includes pockets! As basically a beginner sewer, I tend to way over-think every single step, but this one only took me about 2 hours.

I think the final product turned out real cute as I ended up wearing it to church today (at least it was real cute until Petey decided to throw up on it right before sacrament meeting, but that's another post). And now maybe I'll be brave enough to try something a little more difficult in the future.

And no, I'm not showing you the first skirt I made with this pattern. Are you thinking of a mumu crossed with a circus tent? Yeah, well that first attempt looks like those two got together and tried (unsuccessfully) to have kids.

10 comments:

The Morgans said...

That is darling!!!

Kristin Hanson said...

I actually got a BA in Art History from USU in 04 :) but in some ways wish I had went to BYU. Their museum is amazing! USU's is super small and not worth mentioning...

Kristin Hanson said...

ps Super cute skirt! They're pretty addicting once you get the hand of them!

Kristin Hanson said...

hang*

joolee said...

good job michelle!! i was in the "beginner" stage once too - just keep being fearless! (and all these free tutorials online are like heaven...)

*Jess* said...

great job michelle!

Deb Millet said...

You are amazing. And of course, I think you look gorgeous in any thing you wear! Luv you

Deb Millet said...

You are amazing. And of course, I think you look gorgeous in any thing you wear! Luv you

Unknown said...

You did a great job! It is so cute and you are way brave and it paid off!

Lisa Lee said...

Cute cute. Proud of you.. Will you make me one next?