December 10, 2009

Millets in their new habitat

Movin' anybody?
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and support. We've landed in southern California smack in the middle of the high desert and are just getting settled (whew). Trav really likes his job and Petey and I are still adjusting to having to drive an hour to get to the nearest Walmart, Target - heck, anything remoltely resembling civilization. But hey! I'd love for you to see for yourself what joys you'll be experiencing the next time you choose to visit us!

*ahem..*

Upon arrival, you'll be greeted by the lovely sights and sounds (or lack thereof) of North Edwards. No buildings or trees or even grass to obscure your picturesque view - just miles of sand and sagebrush. No joke, our yard doesn't have grass or dirt - just sand. Petey is in heaven.
After you've spent some time out in the desert, we'll take a breather and go for a shopping trip at the one and only grocery store for at least 15 miles (which doesn't exactly boast a large scale mall either). You know the type: where the milk is $4 a gallon, the shelves are more empty than full and the clerk doesn't speak much English. After a whirlwind afternoon of shopping, we can head over next door to our fine Mexican dining establishment. Aren't you just excited? And that my friends, is the retail district of North Edwards.
So, you may ask, what have you been doing with yourselves with all this free time? Well, enjoying the benefits of doing Christmas shopping online and playing in the yard/sandbox with Petey. And, I happened to finally turn the fabric I bought 5 years ago in a tree skirt. Nifty huh? And no, of course I didn't iron it before or after I finished - I'm just a slacker like that.
So whatta say? Ready to come visit? Please?

12 comments:

*Jess* said...

I hope your husband really LOVES his job. And hopefully you guys will come back South next time?? :)

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

well........all I can say after being there several times is....enjoy the museum with the big tire!

Katie said...

I'm so glad you guys got there okay. It does look very tempting, we might just have to visit sometime. :) And we are totally going to be in town for Christmas so let's plan something.

Kristin Hanson said...

Sounds just like Ridgecrest! And looks just like it, too. (that's where my aunt and uncle live) Gotta love the CA sticks! Guess I should be happy we have a target with-in 15 mins of us.

The Martinsen Family said...

We're glad you guys made it! Do you know what your Christmas plans are? We're wanting to come visit you on the 23 or 24 if you're still in town, email or call me or post something on our blog if you know what your doing for Christmas. Love ya guys

David Lee said...

Wow, it really is desolate. At least you have a cute little box,(I mean boy) to move around on the dolly! So glad you got the internet hooked up.

Deb Millet said...

Actually Travis, you should feel right at home. Just have them rename the grocery store to Snake River Mart and pretend that the mexican restaurant is Freddy's Taco's and you'll be in hog heaven! Glad you made it there safely though. Love and miss all of you.

Deb Millet said...

Just another little comment...is that actually apples that I see on your christmas tree. I love it. Someone else to take the ridicule about pine trees that don't grow apples on them. I'm loving it.

Michelle said...

Yep they surely are apples!! And Petey's favorite thing in the whole world is to take them off and lick them. I have no idea why. He's Travis' kid.

daniel said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you guys were going to actually be living at Edwards. Very brave indeed!! Well welcome to the neighborhood, we're excited to have you nearby again.

Please come visit us sometime, we're 8 minutes from the beach and have a variety of toys to enjoy in the ocean. We'd come up to your place but... :)

Kris said...

Wow, worse than Ada (as far as shopping and food options go). Well, enjoy the short commute, the small house payment, and the huge sandbox. Good luck!

kristilee said...

Believe me, the girls are so excited to come and see you. Looks like a great site for a new Disneyland. It could be named - Disneyland East Side. It does look a lot like where Aladin saw the Cave of Wonders ;)