September 6, 2009

Country Road, Take me Home

This past week, my mom and I braved a four hour flight to Georgia to go see my Grandma and Aunt Bertie. Surprisingly, this is how Petey was for most of the trip. Happy as a clam.I haven't been back to GA since I was pregnant with Petey and we thought it would be a great time to see the family and have some fun since Trav is hard at work on the thesis. We had a wonderful time even if Petey was waking up at 7am GA time (5am my body time) and going to sleep at 10pm GA time. I even got to eat some much-missed boiled peanuts. And here's the four generation photo. Petey looks a little out of it but it had started raining by this time and we were ready to go inside.
Thank goodness Trav was healthy and alive when we returned - he's been known to forgo sleep and food in my absence - and even though we enjoyed ourselves silly, I just don't think we'll be taking any long trips with the little man any time soon.

7 comments:

joolee said...

Um, yeah. Traveling with kids? Not so fun... It's never a "vacation", it's a "trip". :) But how fun to see your fam! I haven't been to NY since last summer, so I'm missing it!

Joe said...

Travis good luck with that thesis!

*Jess* said...

I hope you guys had fun back home!

The Martinsen Family said...

I don't blame you!!! Sometimes going to the gas station is a long trip with kids. But hopefully you guys can come down to St. George soon, we miss you guys! Maybe we'll be brave and head up to see you some time:)

gardeniagirl said...

I hear ya on long trips. We drove to UT from PA . . . three days in the car! My kids were going bonkers!

Unknown said...

I think I could actually hear you say "bowled peanuts" :)

Sue said...

I heard about your trip the day after you were here in Tucker. I was so sad to have missed you and your mother. Glad you got to make the trip and see the family.

Tell your Mom that Marticia Morgan Wilhite passed away a week ago. (daughter of Corky and Mary Morgan)