June 7, 2009

Next year I'm going Pro...

On Saturday, we went to the Troy Strawberry Festival - three long days full of entertainment, all kinds of sports, delicious food, and as many yummy strawberry concoctions you can imagine. Making our trip extra special was my first foray into the world of competitive eating. The men's category happened to already be full but I was able to convince our friends Shelly and Rachelle to compete with me. I don't know how excited they were (both are in their first trimester) but they gamely agreed to have at it.














Before photo: Me, Shelly, and Rachelle (we all live in the same complex - sometimes our names get a bit confusing)

And the actual event or where I try to eat an entire pie tin full of strawberries and whip cream. Let's just say I'm not as pro as I thought I was. Keep an eye out for Shelly on my left, she was this close to winning.













After photo: Too bad I already cleaned off my face but here is the legendary pie. Delish.













And here is Trav finishing off said pie for me. He made me promise I'd bring him my leftovers - which I thought was a little gross since my nose had been in it, but to each his own. You wouldn't think after this I'd be hungry but later I had the most delicious burger that was about 8 inches wide - and I competely polished it off. I think next year I'll be taking home that blue ribbon!

6 comments:

sitesNsolutions.com said...

So each festival has a pie eating contest named after it? -- Cool!

At Strawberry Days you eat Strawberry Pies.

At Blueberry Days you eat Blueberry Pies.

At Cow Days you eat Cow . . . er, never mind.

sitesNsolutions.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joolee said...

Ha, how fun!!

Kris said...

That is the worst thing I have ever seen done to a perfectly wonderful pile of strawberries.
I took the girls strawberry picking and Emmy polished off at least that many in the first few minutes. I asked, "Do you want a snack?" She answered, "No thanks, just strawberries."

shell said...

Oh now THATs embarrassing wouldn't you say??

Deb Millet said...

Now if you could just find Travis a hot dog eating contest. He would be content for life. Whoops, maybe he wouldn't have much of a life after a hot dog throw down match!