December 2, 2008

Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya??

In the Millet family, the men have a tradition of going shooting on Thanksgiving -- because sometime during the day they get kicked out of the kitchen. Trav didn't want to miss out on this manly event so on Saturday we went out to Utah Lake with Amber and my Dad. We had a blast, no one got shot and I think everyone hit a clay at least once -- including me! I know, shocker.

Amber and my grandpa's pistol.
Don't you think she looks altogether too happy with a gun in her hand?

The mountain man
You can't really tell, but to either side of us and all around were hundreds of other people out exercising their right to bear arms. We're just glad no one got shot.

Petey's new camo jacket and ear mufflers. The little man didn't even flinch when a gun was fired. Doesn't he look a little like Ralphie's brother here?

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man I'm jealous. It was fun to spend time with family, but I wish I would have had more time to do other stuff during the break, like come shooting with you guys. We need to go again sometime.

Ashley B. said...

Shelly -- you look too cute to be out shooting things . . . you and your cuteness never rest . . .

The Christensens said...

I found your blog off of Jessica Hakes. Hope that is ok. Peter is seriously so cute!!!! Danielle

korth fam said...

Dan is excited to come exercise that right too

Angela said...

Amber looks like she's handled a gun a time or two. Travis definitly looks like an amature though! :)

Renee said...

Man that looks like some good fun! Miss you guys and wish we could have seen you!
Britt

Angela said...

Did you still want to do dinner tomorrow? No worries either way, just didn't get a chance to talk to you about it at church today and wanted to check. Let me know.

Sue said...

I would love a chance to get some target practice in. There never seems to be enough time.