October 3, 2008

Choo! Choo!

The Deseret News published this interesting article about my bro-in-law Rob yesterday.

In honor of his retirement, here's one of my favorite Rob/football moments: When Tracie and Rob first started dating I didn't know much about football - we're a basketball family - and when he told me he was a linebacker I said (thinking he meant lineman) "aren't you a little small for that?" He just laughed it off. Then, when watching one of his first games I heard the announcer say, "Great tackle by little linebacker Morris." I called my sister thinking my opinion had been confirmed saying "see, other people think he's small too!!" After processing this remark a moment, Tracie said "Michelle, his position is MIDDLE linebacker." Oh. Lesson learned.
BTW - we are now a football family.

Trav says you have to read the comments section... it's the funniest part.

No comments: