November 8, 2007

All Dressed Up

Another Halloween has come and gone and with it a chance to wear a wig! Trav and I had a ton of fun dressing up this year. Our ward was having a Trunk-or-Treat/Chili cook-off and we had a great time.

Trav went as the Intergalactic Space Traveler, Arthur Dent, from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I went as Rapunzel. Trav's costume was one that you either got right away or just thought he was some guy in a bathrobe. Don't feel bad if you are in the bathrobe category, we figured only a couple of people in the ward would get it and boy, we were dead on. Only 4 people knew right away who he was - we had previously listed them as the type who would know. But they're all pretty geeky, I mean smart, just like my Travy.

My Rapunzel costume was really fun to wear to the library. Since I don't work the desks much any more (I'm usually stuck in my office), I went out and helped with storytime and it was so cute to see all the kids dressed up. The wig was the best part of the outfit. Trav and I found some long sections of hair at the beauty supply store which we braided together and then attached to my ponytail underneath the hat. Viola! Instant princess -- a definite success.

Silly side note: Can I just say that every time I look at this picture, I feel really good about myself?! I'm 7 months pregnant here people!! Granted, the dress is pretty loose...but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.

1 comment:

Britton said...

Very nice costumes!... I cant believe its been a year since we were there having Halloween with you.