May 15, 2017

Benji turns 6

Benji finally turned 6! We decided not to have a big party this year due to big surprise we had planned (stay tuned!) and Benji was incredibly excited for the big day. No kidding, we probably had this conversation over 100 times the few weeks before his birthday:
Benji: So, when's my birthday? 
me: On Sunday.
Benji: Yeah, but when's my birthday party?
me: Remember, we aren't having a big party. But your birthday is on Sunday.
Benji: Okay, but when's my birthday?
me: Sunday.
Benji: but when's my party?

Rinse and repeat.

He convinced us to open presents before church and he was thrilled with his Pikachu shirt 
 and laser guns (which are seriously cool)!


After church, a couple of the young men from church came over and brought a cotton candy machine which seriously made the kids' day.

After a few rounds of Mario Kart, we enjoyed some birthday ice cream cones. Benji's look of concentration here is perfect.

Our little man is growing up so fast. He taught himself to ride a bike and makes friends everywhere we go. Benji loves music and to dance. He has made so much progress since starting kindergarten and has learned so much this year. Always tenderhearted, he is the first to notice anything different and will always tell others he loves them. We love our little man.

No comments: